Serranto | Software Engineer | San Francisco, CA | 2017 - Present
- Built E-sports platform using HTML with jQuery and MongoDB Express backend for prospective professional players in Australia looking for sponsorships; over 5,000 views per month.
- Implemented Steam login using ‘Steam OpenID provider’ and used Fetch requests to Steam API storing user data in MongoDB, enhancing signup speeds by 66%.
Course Report | Software Engineer | San Francisco, CA | 2017
- Refactored legacy Ruby on Rails codebase that serves as online education resource for prospective coding students with over 300,000 of views per month.
- Optimized complex database schema (50+ tables). Used Bullet gem and Mini-profiler results to write Ruby code using hash lookups, pre-caches and pagination to fix N+1 query problems. Reducing load times of 4+ main site pages by 20 – 60% as well as reducing memory usage by 14 – 57%.
Tunelark | Software Engineer | San Francisco, CA | 2017
- - Developed prototype to learn notes of a guitar by identifying them on a fretboard through creating 8+ ReactJS components, using Fetch to load backend data, and storing state in Redux. The prototype can be used for 5 planned Guitar based games.
- - Crafted game to be modern, adaptable, and responsive using ReactJS, functional programming, and CSS3 to translate components previously built in CoffeeScript and make game 100% scalable to any screen size.
TTT Australia Pty Ltd | Tax Accountant | Sydney, Australia 2013 - 2015
- - Designed standardized spreadsheets using VBA to reduce setup time for new client folders by more than 90%.
- - Automated amortisation calculation process to only require input of amortization percentage variable for different assists classifications using VBA, improving system speed by > 66%.
- - Improved system speed by over 55% through automating rental-income calculation process utilizing VBA.